Wednesday 20 July 2016

Pootles Design Team July week three Thank You Sir

Well here we are and its week three already! Considering that I really didn't "get" the stamp set Every Occasion when I was first introduced to it, I have to admit that now it is growing on me.  If you want to make a BIG statement, then this stamp set is not really the one, but if you want a smallish card and to cover just about any occasion then this set ticks the boxes.  So far I have done easier themes but this week I chose to use the satchel.  My first thoughts were starting school.  But then I thought about the fact that all the children are getting ready to leave classes, and leave schools.  Well its always reasonably easy to get that gift for the female teachers but the male one, maybe not such an easy thing.

So here is my offering for an idea for the male teacher in your childs life!!



First of all I stamped the satchel image over some A4 card.  i used Early Expresso ink and stamped off three times thus getting different density of colours.

I scored my box using my Score board and put it together so that it has points as opposed to making a tidy box!  To see how I make this box please go to my youtube video where hopefully I can explain it to you!

A band of Soft Suede card around the box with a Thanks stamped using  the Crazy About You stamp set,  onto a punched circle and mounted onto a scalloped circle.  This box fitted a coffee mug quite happily into it, wrapped in plastic wrapping and tied off with some Linen Thread with a tag with a satchel stamped onto the circle and mounted once again on a scalloped circle, and the gift was complete.

With the card once again being for a man I knew it had to steer away from flowers etc, so I made my card base using my Soft Suede cardstock.  A border at the bottom using some of my stamped card and the word Thanks cut using my Hello You thinlets.  The only other thing I did wa draw some dashes above and below the stamped border, using a white gel pen.

There you have it a respectable pressie for that much loved male teacher!




1 comment: